Updated CU1 Hours
Effective August 1, our Member Service Center and your local branch may have updated hours.
- On weekdays, our branches will be open 10am-6pm and our Member Service Center (MSC) will be open 9am-6pm. This excludes our Nome Branch, which is open weekdays from 9am-5pm.
- On Saturdays, our open branches and Member Service Center will be available from 10am-5pm. Click below to locate branches that are open on Saturdays.
- All CU1 branches and our Member Service Center will be closed on Sundays.
Funds Availability: Recent Changes
Effective July 1, federal changes to Regulation CC affected the availability of check deposits as follows:
- Certain check deposits require a three day hold of funds. Previously, when this hold was required, the first $200 of your check was available next business day. As of July 1, this increased to $225.
- At times, we may delay the availability of check deposits that total more than $5,000 in one day. As of July 1, this total increased to $5,525.
CU1 Scholarship Winners
Each year, Credit Union 1 is proud to award valuable scholarships to Alaskan students in pursuit of higher education. These scholarships celebrate our roots as an Anchorage teachers’ credit union and our passion for lifelong learning! 2020 marks our 33rd year of awarding scholarship funds, and winners of this year’s Bill Countryman Scholarship include:
- Aiden J. – Fairbanks
- Hannah F. – Anchorage
- Kaori K. – Anchorage
- Olivia T. – Anchorage
- Sebastian R. – Anchorage
- Edlen Mae M. – Kodiak
- Abby C. – Eagle River
- Abbey R. – Eagle River
- Andranel B. – Anchorage
- Kali S. – Eagle River
- Vaughn S. – Fairbanks
- Bradley W. – Anchorage
- Ashlee S. – Valdez
- Cameron B. – Soldotna
- Abbigail L. – Anchorage
- Melchora P. – Kodiak
- Joel C. – Anchorage
In total, we’re excited to give $19,950 in scholarship funds to the above CU1 members! We’d also like to extend special thanks to all talented applicants who applied for our 2020 Bill Countryman Scholarship. While reviewing each and every application, we were proud to see how so many of you are expanding your education to help make Alaska an even better place to live.
2020 Holiday Closures
- January 1 - New Year's Day
- January 20 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 17 - Presidents' Day
- April 12 - Easter Sunday
- May 25 - Memorial Day
- July 3-4 - Independence Day
- September 7 - Labor Day
- October 12 - Indigenous People's Day
- November 11 - Veterans Day
- November 26 - Thanksgiving Day
- December 24 - Christmas Eve (open 9am-12pm)
- December 25 - Christmas Day