Financial Center South
In Fall 2021, Credit Union 1 will unveil an innovative and exciting new way for Alaskans to interact with their credit union and finances. Financial Center South, located at the site of our former South Anchorage Branch, will offer in-branch banking in a completely reimagined way! Opt for a self-service experience or be connected with a staff member who has expertise in the exact services you're seeking, either in person or via video conference. Watch for our official opening date, coming soon!
Upcoming Board Elections
As a member-owned organization, Credit Union 1 is guided by a volunteer Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee. In 2022, we will have two current board members up for re-election to a three year term: Colin Baxter and Marietta Hall.
If you would like to help shape the future of our credit union, please submit your letter of interest and resume to our Nominating Committee by October 31. Letters can be mailed to Credit Union 1, Attn: Executive Administration, 1941 Abbott Road, Anchorage, AK 99507.
Reduce Your Insurance Bill
For a handy way to cut cold weather costs, request a seasonal insurance waiver from Credit Union 1 for outdoor toys that sit dormant in winter. You may be able to save money by reducing your collision/liability insurance to a comprehensive plan!
Not all requests are approved, so please don’t cancel your collision/liability insurance until you get an approval letter from us in the mail.
Drive-Up Transaction Changes
To ensure a speedy and streamlined experience for CU1 members, we're updating the types of transactions that can be conducted in our credit union drive-ups. Effective August 16, 2021, please conduct the following transactions in a CU1 lobby.
- Cash deposits and cash withdrawals over $5,000
- Deposits of 25 or more checks
- Cashier's checks, money orders and printed statement requests
- Cash advances from another financial institution
- Transactions for individuals who are not CU1 members
- Items that require outreach to another area of CU1, such as Member Assistance
- Transactions where an individual is not easily identifiable from their vehicle
Thanks for helping us optimize your drive-up service. See you soon!
Redeem Your CU1 Rewards for Cash
The CU1 Rewards program was retired on December 31, 2020. Throughout 2021, you can redeem current points at any time per our redemption schedule options – however, no new points will be earned.
Please note that for tax purposes, the maximum number of points that can be redeemed in one calendar year is 119,800. Any member who has between 119,800-239,600 points will be allowed until March 31, 2022 to redeem them. Points in excess of 239,600 will be forfeited.
To easily redeem your existing points and view your points balance, login to Online Access and visit More > Rewards today!
2021 Holiday Closures
- January 1 - New Year’s Day
- January 18 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 15 - Presidents’ Day
- April 4 - Easter Sunday
- May 31 - Memorial Day
- July 4 and July 5 - Independence Day
- September 6 - Labor Day
- October 11 - Indigenous Peoples Day
- November 11 - Veterans Day
- November 25 - Thanksgiving Day
- December 24 - Christmas Eve
- December 25 - Christmas Day