Financial Assistance Options
Credit Union 1 is actively monitoring the health and financial well-being of our communities due to COVID-19. If these circumstances are causing you financial difficulty, we're here to help.
- For a limited time, Alaskans can access “no payments for 60 days” on auto loans at Credit Union 1. This means if you need a new vehicle to meet your family’s needs – or you need to refinance an existing auto loan – you won’t have a payment due for 60 days. This can give valuable breathing room to your budget.*
- We can also offer you options such as loan extensions or adjustments if needed, and our Member Assistance team is standing by to help with these requests.
- During this time, we have increased your annual Skip-a-Pay limit from 1 to 3 times per year. You can apply via Online Access > More > Skip-a-Pay to postpone a month’s payment and keep that money in your pocket instead.
- While CU1 does not currently offer business loans or participate in SBA programs, we are participating in a State of Alaska grant program to provide aid to Alaskan businesses that are suffering due to COVID-19.
- CU1 members who are concerned about an upcoming mortgage payment can reach out to our servicing partner, Cenlar, for options. Cenlar is available by phone at (877) 865-8325.
As we navigate today's uncertain landscape, it’s extra important to know that your financial institution is still here for you – especially in the tough times.
Let us take some financial stress off your shoulders, as we all get through this together.
COVID-19 Community Outreach
To provide special aid for vulnerable community members during this difficult time, Credit Union 1's Corporate Social Responsibility team has donated 100 $25 gift cards to patrons of Red Apple and $2,500 to the Food Bank of Alaska to help them get their boxes out. We’re also working to donate enough meals and snacks for 400 people to the Children’s Lunchbox, in support of families facing hunger.
You can help too! Show support for the Food Bank of Alaska and other local pantries by donating food (or money!) -- and we'll give a $10 donation on your behalf from May 4-17 up to a $5,000 total donation. Find us on Facebook to learn more, and share our #cu1foodie posts to encourage others to join in.
*No payments for 60 days on approved credit. Offer valid for new or existing auto loans that are closed or refinanced by July 1, 2020. Delaying your first payment may increase finance charges. Offer applies to auto loans only and is subject to change without notice.