Mastercard® ID Theft Protection™
We could all use a little more "peace of mind" these days, and at Credit Union 1, one way we provide this to our Alaskan members is via free ID Theft Protection benefits through your CU1 debit or credit card. You have enough on your plate right now, and we're happy to take some of that stress off your shoulders!
- Monitors your credit filefor changes that could indicate fraud -- such as new credit inquiries, an address change or a new account opened in your name.
- Sends alert notificationswhenever suspicious activity is detected, so you can take immediate action to minimize potential damage.
- Provides ID Theft Resolutionwith white-glove service by assigning a resolution specialist to you when you require assistance in resolving issues related to identity theft
Protecting your Identity, Privacy and Money
Identity theft can occur when an unauthorized individual obtains personal information, such as your social security number, date of birth, address and financial account numbers. Once this information is obtained, the thieves will assume your identity, allowing them to illegally purchase items or obtain credit.
Report fraud to Credit Union 1 immediately.If you think you may have been a victim of fraud, contact us immediately via [email protected], or call (907) 339-9485 or (800) 478-2222.
At Credit Union 1, we have continuous fraud detection tools in place to protect your accounts.
You can also be proactive with this protection by using your FREE eServices!
Identity Theft Resources
Credit Bureau Contact Details
- Equifax - (800) 525-6285 (Fraud Hotline) | (800) 685-1111 (Order a report)
- Experian - (888) 397-3742 (Fraud Hotline) | (888) 397-3742 (Order a Report)
- TransUnion - (800) 680-7289 (Fraud Hotline) | (800) 916-8800 (Order a Report)
Credit bureaus must provide free copies of credit reports to victims of identity theft.
Report a Lost or Stolen Card
If your credit or debit card is missing, don’t assume it will resurface. Report your card immediately by calling (833) 933-1681 or (812) 647-9794 (international).
With the CU1 CardControl app, you can also "turn off" your CU1 debit or credit card at the touch of a button via your mobile device. Not yet using CardControl? Safeguard your funds in the future with a quick and easy download.