Whether it’s a blown-out tire or a family vacation that almost broke the bank, we’ve all been there and understand that life isn’t always predictable. For moments like these, Credit Union 1 is there to offer a helping hand, providing you with our Skip-a-Pay program via Online Access.
For just $30 ($5 of which goes toward supporting Alaska’s communities with our One for All Alaska Fund) you can skip a one-month payment and put your mind and your wallet at ease.
When opting for Skip-a-Pay, keep in mind:
- Skip-a-Pay does not result in the credit union covering the cost of your month's payment or making the payment on your behalf. Rather, your payment is deferred and the term of your loan is extended accordingly.
- Your loan needs to be open at least six months with a payment made each month to be eligible for a Skip-a-Pay.
- Your savings or spending account must have enough funds to cover the processing fee of $30.
- Your loan may not be past due.
- Your address and telephone number must be current in our system.
- Real Estate, Fresh Start, Pledge of Certificate and line of credit loans (including credit cards) are not eligible for Skip-a-Pay.
- If you have a recurring payment scheduled via Online Access or another financial institution, this payment will process unless cancelled/altered by you.
- One Skip-a-Pay is allowed per loan per year with a maximum of six for the life of any loan.
Contact the Member Service Center at (907) 339-9485, (800) 478-2222 or visit your local branch.